We help Florida residents simplify their busy lives by providing you with the best dental care possible. Christie Dental offers the most comprehensive, cutting-edge dental services available giving our patients access to our vast team of oral health professionals—including specialists whose collective expertise covers all of your dental needs.
Our dentists provide patients with a variety of oral surgery services including routine extractions and wisdom tooth removal. We understand the anxiety and inconvenience associated with any kind of surgery. Our skilled team of dentists perform all procedures in our offices, and most oral surgeries are completed in less than an hour.
- Crown & Bridge
- Oral Hygiene
- Root Canal Therapy
- Periodontal Disease
Wisdom Teeth Extractions
Many people develop wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, in their teens or twenties. If your wisdom teen are healthy and properly positioned, you may be able to care for them like the rest of your teeth. However, if you run into problems, your dentist may tell you they need to be removed.
- Your jaw isn’t large enough
- The wisdom teeth are impacted and can’t come in (or are misaligned)
- They could come in sideways, only come in part way or stay trapped beneath the gum and bone.
- Wisdom teeth come in only part of the way. The opening around the tooth invites bacteria that can cause an infection, which can cause pain, swelling, jaw stiffness and general illness.
- Adjacent teeth may be damaged by wisdom teeth that grow in crooked.
- A cyst, which is a fluid-filled sac, forms and destroys the surrounding structures such as bone or tooth roots.
Christie Dental offers a wide spectrum of sedation options for your comfort during oral surgery. Sedation can vary from general anesthesia, in which you feel asleep, to mild oral sedatives. Contact your Christie Dental dentist for details.
Do you need your wisdom teeth removed? Call one of our Christie Dental locations to make an appointment.