If you don’t properly manage your oral care, you may find yourself needing extensive oral care down the road. These services are costly, especially without insurance, a huge expenditure you can avoid if you practice preventive dentistry today. Our experts from Christie Dental, your trusted dental office in Ocala, FL, and the surrounding areas, explain the importance of preventive dentistry.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry highlights the significance of ongoing hygiene procedures and daily oral care routine in preventing tooth decay, gum infections, and other problems. It combines effective at-home practices and consultation from dental specialists.
For instance, Dr. Timothy Morris from the Christie Dental office in Merritt Island, FL, recommends getting a dental check-up every six months. At the same time, patients should follow oral care tips, such as daily brushing and flossing, to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Adhering to this routine can help your dentist in Ocala, FL, or the nearby area, stop dental disease in its early stages, promoting oral health and limiting your dental expenses.
Our Preventive Dentistry Services
As the most trusted dental clinic in the region, Christie Dental offers top-quality preventive dentistry strategies to ensure your entire mouth stays healthy. These include:
- Dental Exam – During the exam, our specialist will check for cavities and other conditions. Afterwards, we will discuss the results of the exam and recommend proper treatment procedures.
- X-Rays – Taking x-rays of your teeth will help spot disease and issues not visible to the naked eye. For best results, we recommend getting a full set of x-rays every three to five years and cavity check x-rays every year.
- Fluoride Treatment – This can strengthen your teeth and lower the risk of decay.
- Hygiene Cleaning – This procedure includes cleaning and polishing your teeth to remove plaque and tartar. These bacteria are responsible for the development of gum disease and infections.
- Sealants – They are a clear or white material that helps keep out plaque and prevent cavities.
For the most professional preventive dental services in Ocala, FL, and the surrounding areas, you can turn to Christie Dental. We have been in the industry for nearly 20 years, making us one of the most experienced dental clinics in the region. To schedule an appointment today, simply give us a call at (321) 426-1251 or complete our form. We’ll be ready to assist you.