The way you care for your teeth today can have a huge impact on your general oral health in the years to come. In fact, preventive dental care can potentially save you thousands of dollars in major dental procedures, including restorative dentistry. Unfortunately, many people tend to ignore the importance of preventive dentistry, saying that it’s something they will address down the road.
Importance of Preventive Dentistry
Some believe they’re already practicing preventive care by brushing and flossing daily. What they don’t realize, however, is they need the help of a reliable dentist in Ocala, FL, or the nearby area, to effectively prevent decay and other dental issues.
Preventive dental care should begin as early as possible, even in childhood. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), we need a minimum of two dental exams and cleanings annually to prevent minor issues from growing into bigger problems. Although regular brushing and flossing certainly helps improve oral hygiene, you should be sure to visit your trusted dental office in Ocala, FL, or the nearby area, to increase your protection against dental ailments.
Our Preventive Care Services
The old saying, “Prevention is better than cure” holds true, especially when it comes to your dental care. Taking care of your teeth and gums is vital to maintaining your health and well-being in general.
Fortunately, Christie Dental is here to meet all your dental needs. Here is the list of our preventive dental services in Ocala, FL, or any of our locations:
- X-rays – This will help us locate diseases and cavities that can’t be seen by the naked eye. Dr. Lissette Bernal, from the Christie Dental office in Viera, recommends taking a full set of x-rays every three to five years and cavity check every year.
- Dental Exam – Our specialists will perform the exam and check for cavities and other conditions.
- Hygiene Cleaning – Plaque and tartar are major sources of tooth decay. We will remove them from your teeth and polish the surfaces for a cleaner and healthier look.
- Fluoride Treatment – Depending on your risk for decay, we will complete a fluoride varnish on your teeth.
- Sealants – We will apply these to your teeth to keep out plaque and prevent cavities.
If you have any questions on preventive care or other issues about your oral health, call Christie Dental today. You can also fill out our contact form to request an appointment with a dentist of your choice. We look forward to hearing from you.